This video provides a lot of details to dog obedience if you watch closely, I thought that it would be good to explain a couple of important points for those that wish to have their dogs behave better.
- I started to invite Amber to play by flickering my hands near the toy, instead of the usual "dog demands playtime" routine.
- The game was made even more intense as I wiggle the toy and playing tug of war.
- You can see Amber almost lifting off the ground, which means that she was really determined to win. It wouldn't be healthy for her jaw if she was really lifted off the ground so I lowered the toy.
- Stroking her face is to get her used to being touched even during intense situation, this should be practiced when a dog has not developed any form of aggression. Do not do this if your dog tends to snap.
- An "Off" command before ending the tug of war game is a good way to reset her mind, and then returning the toy to her is a reward for letting go.
Visit this link for more information on our Private Obedience Classes: